Ready for an industry change? Here are the numbers.
1. Medical Field
The medical field is always booming. Health care is a great field in terms of salaried positions and making a positive difference. Especially with a greater emphasis on mental health in today’s medical industry, nurses and other health professionals are needed now more than ever.
- Nurse Practitioner: $107,030 median salary (144,000 potential new jobs between 2016–2026)
- Physical Therapist: $87,930 median salary (177,000 potential new jobs between 2016–2026)
- Registered Nurse (RN): $71.730 median salary (2 million potential new jobs between 2016–2026)
2. Information Technology Field
With growing concerns with security and data usage, the information technology field is exploding. This opens up jobs for software developers, information security analysts, computer systems analysts, and other developers.
- Software Developer: $103,620 median salary (1.2 million potential new jobs between 2016–2026)
- Information Security Analyst: $98,350 median salary (140,000 potential new jobs in 2016–2026)
- Computer Systems Analyst: $88,740 median salary (449,000 potential new jobs between 2016–2026)
- Data Analyst: $58,987 median salary
3. Engineering Field
The engineering field is stable in terms of jobs and still growing. As our world becomes more complicated by the day — engineers make the complicated simple for us everyday people.
- Computer Hardware Engineers: $114,600 median salary (212,000 potential new jobs in 2016–2026)